BSc Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
PhD Student in Chemistry (Chemical Biology)
Pines Graduate Fellow
7. Lucero MY, Chan J. Photoacoustic imaging of elevated glutathione in models of lung cancer for companion diagnostic applications. Nat. Chem. 2021, Accepted.
6. Lucero MY, East AK, Chan J. Near-infrared II photoacoustic probes for nitric oxide sensing. Methods in Enzymology, 2021, Accepted.
5. Tapia Hernandez R, Forzano JA, Lucero MY, Anorma C, Chan J. Acoustogenic probes: A demonstration to introduce the photoacoustic effect via analyte sensing. J. Chem. Educ. 2021, Accepted.
4. Gardner SH, Brady CJ, Keeton C, Yadav AK, Mallojjala SC, Lucero MY, Su S, Yu Z, Hirschi JS, Mirica LM, Chan J. A general approach to convert hemicyanine dyes into highly optimized photoacoustic scaffolds for analyte sensing. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2021, Accepted.
3. Lucero MY, East AK, Reinhardt CJ, Sedgwick AC, Su S, Lee MC, Chan J. Development of NIR-II photoacoustic probes tailored for deep-tissue sensing of nitric oxide. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2021, 143, 7196–7202.
2. East AK, Lucero MY, Chan J. New directions in activity-based sensing for in vivo near-infrared imaging. Chem. Sci. 2021, 12, 3393-3405.
1. Ogata F, Nagaya T, Maruoka Y, Akhigbe J, Meares A, Lucero MY, Satraitis A, Fujimura D, Okada R, Inagaki F, Choyke PL, Ptaszek M, and Kobayashi H. Activatable near-infrared fluorescence imaging using PEGylated bacteriochlorin-based chlorin and BODIPY-dyads as probes for detecting cancer. Bioconj. Chem. 2019, 30, 169-183.
6. Pines Graduate Fellowship (2021)
5. Professor Gary Schuster Mentoring Scholarship (2021)
4. Pines Travel Award (2020)
3. ACS Bridge Travel Award (2020)
2. Amgen Scholarship (2016)
1. Organic Chemistry Award, American Chemical Society (2016)